« Home | obligatory test post » 

Friday, November 11, 2005 

the gospel

The setup: I didn't listen to much music until this song. I had finished 8th grade and went to some church-related mega-conference Jesus-extravaganza concert-experience of the early 1990s. I got a tape compilation of some of the bands and musicians who played. This song was on that tape. I don't know what else was on that tape, and I really don't care. This song started my love affair with "pop music." This song mixes the Beatles and Motown and just the best of pop music. Half of it is a cover....it's just good.

The payoff: PFR - Wait for the Sun. from the 1993 album "Goldie's Last Day".

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm JA
  • From Americus, Georgia, United States
My profile

Listening Habits...

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates